Saturday, October 25, 2014

Time, Sweet Time

I love nothing more than spending time with Alessandra & Ryan.
Now that I share a life with them I finally realize how many other things demand my time.  I used to work out 9 hours a week.  My new ambitious goal is to work out three hours a week.  For a while there I cooked three meals plus a smoothie every day.  My new ambitious goal is to make dinner three times a week (with enough for leftovers at lunch the subsequent day) and maybe to make breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.  I used to schedule my hair appointments so that they took me away from work for a few hours knowing that I could do the work in the evening after a refreshing break. Now three hour hair appointments mean three hours away from the most precious people in the world.

My eyes have been opened to just how valuable time is.

There's no dead time now.  There's no time to just lazy around, considering and reconsidering what I may want to do, or doing nothing at all. If Alessandra is home and awake I spend my time engaging with her and meeting her needs.  If she's asleep I'm probably taking care of something that needs to be done - like eating, showering, or trying to squeeze in some time with my other Love.

I just want it all to last longer.  I want to enjoy every morning giggle, every afternoon cuddle, every new skill without knowing that there are ten other things to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment