Monday, February 9, 2015

Longest Weekend Ever!!

This weekend was just awesome.  It felt so long and all the Gosebears enjoyed it so thoroughly.

Friday night Ryan and I dropped Alessandra off at the Hernandez grandparents' house and went to the Fire Department Awards Banquet.  We got to hear stories about the heroic life-saving acts of several of the department's firefighters and many of them received their awards and recognition from the people who's lives they saved.  It's such a special night that really makes you appreciate the selflessness of others and makes you want to hold on tight to everyone who is a blessing in your life.
Friday night was Alessandra's first overnight stay away from ME.  She took it extremely well.  She slept soundly through the night, stayed on schedule with meals, and generally was her sweet little self for my parents!  I was frequently thinking of her while she was away.  My dad was so sweet and responded to all my texts checking up on Alessandra.  I know she was in good hands. I know my parents are wonderful caretakers.  But I missed my little love.  I needed to hear how she was doing.  I needed confirmation and affirmation that all was well.

Texts with my Daddy:



Saturday was wonderful.  After I pumped and checked in on Alessandra around 7:30am, I went back to sleep and slept in!  When I finally woke up, I took my time slowly sipping a cup of coffee and eating a bacon & egg breakfast with NO WORRIES.  I told my parents I would be over in an hour to pick her up but ended up taking two hours to arrive.  It was just so nice to REST knowing that Alessandra was in great hands.  When we finally picked her up we took her to the park and she loved it!  She stared at the ducks, watched the other park goers (mostly children), and just took it all in.  The sunshine felt so good and I loved sharing that new experience with her.  She also behaved while we ate some Mexican food at Salsa Tex-Mex.

Dinner at Salsa Tex-Mex:


Checking out the duckies:




Sunday was great too.  Ryan jogged while Alessandra & I went for a stoller walk.  It was another sunshiny day & it was sweet seeing so many people say hi to Alessandra.  We prepared for the start of the week but enjoyed just a bit more time together as a family.  I was even able to take a nap with my sweet baby girl and the look on her face when she woke up next to Mommy was absolutely priceless.

Ryan after his jog:


Alessandra wide-eyed during our walk:


Waking up from cuddle-sleep with the sweetest smile! My heart melts!


I've realized over the last few years that it doesn't take much to make me happy.  Money isn't the driving force in my life.  I don't get bored easily.  I don't need anything wild, extravagant, or expensive to keep me happy.  My happiness walks around as breathing living beings every day.  My happiness isn't the accolades I receive, the home that I live in, or the number of people who envy me.  My happiness is my sweet healthy daughter's giggle, my husband's companionship, my parents' supportiveness, my Jesus' guidance - it is the wonderful PEOPLE in my life.

I want to invest myself more fully into the things that give back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment